Bukidnon observes October Consumer Welfare Month
The Province of Bukidnon is observing the Consumer Welfare Month celebration this month of October. According to a press release sent to Bukidnon Online, the 2009 Consumer Welfare Month aims to promote consumer welfare and broaden the scope of consumer education by heightening consumer awareness. This year’s celebration will be led by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Bukidnon office.
There are several activities lined up for the month-long celebration. Here’s the schedule:
– Price Monitoring – Weekly Malaybalay City, Valencia City, Maramag and Manolo Fortich
– Launching of the Market Vendors Association of Valencia City, Inc. (MVAVI) as a newly accredited Consumer’s Organization October 7 Valencia City Public Market
– Action Planning for MVAVI October 7 Valencia City Public Market
– Information Campaign October 7 Valencia City & Manolo Fortich
– Business Name Caravan October 7 Valencia City
– Fair Trade Law Enforcement October 9 Malaybalay City & Valencia City
– Provincial Quiz Bee October 19 PPDO Bldg, Capitol, Malaybalay City
– DTI CE Awarding October 23 Pearlmont Inn, CDO City
– Regional Quiz Bee October 27 CDO City
The annual celebration is in pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 1098 dated Sept. 26, 1997 declaring the month of October of every year as Consumer Welfare Month.
This year’s theme is “Generic Drugs: Gawang Pinoy! Galing Pinoy! Tangkilikin Natin!”. The theme is anchored on the key policy area of the national government to protect public health and to adopt appropriate measures to promote and ensure access to affordable quality drugs and medicines for all. (with a press release from DTI Bukidnon)
One thought on “Bukidnon observes October Consumer Welfare Month”